Retention Pond Services, Inc. (RPS) understands the complexities of the regulatory standards for stormwater Best Mnagement Practices (BMPs) and retention basins. They strive to adapt their services to stay up-to-date with the amendments made to those standards. Their ultimate goal is to help their clients understand the regulations and demonstrate to them how to satisfy them with a comprehensive, stormwater management program. RPS evaluates each BMP structure and develops a regulatory-centered maintenance plan to most efficiently manage it. The appropriate equipment and maintenance or remediation specialists will be teamed up to ensure each structure is compliant and environmentally safe.
- Ensuring a functional stormwater system
- Protecting life and health
- Minimizing property damage
- Protecting water quality
Retention Pond Services, Inc. was launched in 1996 by Glenn H. Garrett, president and owner, after he witnessed the stormwater retention basin damage left by hurricanes that same year. He recognized the severe environmental repercussions of poorly maintained stormwater retention structures and sought viable solutions to prevent similar damage to our communities in the future. Now more than ten years after its inception, Retention Pond Services, Inc. is an all-inclusive stormwater retention management and stormwater BMP company equipped to manage all facets involved with the retention pond maintenance and remediation of all stormwater retention structures. Stormwater BMP consulting
- Education on Federal, State, Local stormwater BMP regulations and maintenance methods
- Notification of Violation consultation, liaison, and remediation services
- Initial site inspections for HOA’s in final phase of construction
Stormwater BMP (Best Management Practices) Compliance and Repairs
- Slope stabilization and repairs
- Sediment and erosion control management
- Vacuum and Jet Truck Services
- Emergency response service and remediation for HAZMAT and illicit discharge
Stormwater BMP Maintenance
- Aquatic vegetation management
- Turf management
- Sediment and erosion control
- Annual, quarterly, and monthly inspection and maintenance reports based on regulatory standards
RPS recently worked with their I.T. Provider, Hooks Systems of Wilmington, N.C., to upgrade their business technology to even better better serve their growing family of customers. Hooks Systems installed a new, more powerful server and upgraded the company’s data backup system.
Hooks Systems remotely monitors and manages the entire RPS network 24 x 7 utilizing their unique IT RemoteCare Services bundle.